Current Career Opportunities
Genome Prairie is seeking an individual to fill the part-time position of Corporate Secretary in accordance with the Canada Not-for-Profit Corporations Act, the bylaws, banking resolutions, and other legal requirements of the organization. Reporting to the President and CEO, this position will be located in Saskatoon.
Role and Responsibilities
- Plans for and gives notice of all Board, Members’ and Committee meetings.
- Attends all meetings of the Board, Members and Committees, and keeps a record of the proceedings. Ensures the confidentiality of such proceedings.
- Prepares all minutes (for Board and Committee approval), sets agendas, sends notices, develops correspondence and prepares materials in connection with meetings of the Board, Committees and Members.
- Facilitates and manages the flow of information to and from the Board.
- Ensures that corporate by-laws, legislation, rules and regulations are complied with and that Board- approved policies and procedures are published and available to all staff.
- Assists in the orientation of new Board members.
- Supports the Chair of the Board, Committee Chairs and members of the senior management team to deliver effective corporate governance.
- Demonstrates integrity and ethical leadership.
- Oversees use (and may act as custodian) of the seal of the corporation, and attests, signs, or countersigns corporate documents when authorized.
- Ensures minutes and all financial records required to be maintained are delivered to corporate counsel for inclusion in the Corporate Minute Book.
- Ensures corporate registry obligations are met for both Genome Prairie and its subsidiary.
- Attends to corporate correspondence including inquiries from staff, members, and the public concerning matters of general corporate policy.
- Oversees and maintains the Board portal of the website.
Required skills and experience
- Minimum five years’ experience related to the above responsibilities
- Familiarity with corporate governance
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe programs
- Strong interpersonal skills, including excellent written and verbal communication
- Keen attention to detail
- Proven ability to work well under deadlines and produce results
- Superior time management and organizational skills
- The ability to be self-motivated and to work with others as a cohesive team
Interested candidates with required skills and experience are asked to forward an electronic resume and cover letter (one PDF file) by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please. Applications will be accepted until 4:00 pm on Tuesday, July 31, 2018. We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.